This may not sound very creative, but it helps to make a little agenda for your craft party. Do you want to break up your event into different blocks?
Brainstorm on a list you feel a beginner needs to know, what supplies your recommend, what are common beginner mistakes? where do you learn more after you finish the session, etc. How did you start as beginner? what helped you, confused you, how did you learn, etc.
Our kits contain a list of tips for beginners that will help you to host your party. It helps if you have read those insructions yourself and guide your attendees through it during your session.
An example agenda can be as simple as:
- Get to know eachother. Do a short introductions.
- The basics of this craft: explaining the supplies and how to get started
- Let everybody start with their craft
- Share publicly a few common issues and how to solve that
- About 15 minutes before closing: wrap up and explain how to finish the craft at home. Share dates for next craft events