In this 4 week course you’ll learn in depth how to use your weaving loom. We’ll focus on learning different techniques rather than making finished projects.
What you’ll learn in this weaving course for beginners
- How to warp your loom
- How to make a normal weaving stitch
- How to make a weavers knot
- How to make fringes
- How to experiment with other weaving stitches
- How weave with wool roving
- How to experiment with other weaving materials
- How to weave multiple colours in one project
- How to prevent common beginner mistakes
- How to take your project from the loom
- During the workshop we’ll provide ecological wool and yarns to work with.
- In the first session you’ll also get a 20cm weaving loom starter kit (value 69,95 euro) You will use this loom during the workshop and can take it home after the course.
- If you’d like to continue practising at home, you’re welcome to buy extra yarn in the studio.
- You’ll get free coffee, tea, and water
- And we’ll have a few yummy snacks from the pâtisserie
Date & Time:
Friday 19 January 2024 18:30 to 21:00
Friday 2 February 2024 18:30 to 21:00
Friday 16 February 2024 18:30 to 21:00
Friday 8 March 2024 18:30 to 21:00
Studio Koekoek, Weesperstraat 100 in Amsterdam.
This is close to the “Magere Brug” and the “Holocaust Name Monument” in the centre of Amsterdam. Metro station Weesperplein or Waterlooplein.
The session is suitable for beginners.
We’ll host the workshop in both Dutch and English
About Studio Koekoek’s workshop
We love to welcome you in our studio in Amsterdam. We’re working every day with textiles and like to share our enthusiasm with you. You’ll learn in small groups, so you’ll get lots of help with questions.
Workshop cancellation policy
In the unfortunate event that you cannot join your booked event, you are welcome to resell or give your ticket to somebody else who is able to attend. If you wish to cancel your ticket, we adhere to the following policy:
- Cancellations made more than 1 month before the event receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made between 14 and 31 days before the event receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days before the event are not refunded.
- No-shows are not refunded.