In this 2.5-hour workshop you’ll learn how to embroider on photo’s. A wonderful way to make a gift for your loved one. You can stitch one of our sample photo’s, or you can e-mail us a picture of your loved ones. We will then make it ready for you to work on during the session. The materials are included in the price of the workshop. During the session we make a start with the project and you’ll get tips and ticks for finishing your piece at home.
What you’ll learn in this workshop
- How to transfer a photo to your embroidery fabric
- How to start stitching without knots
- Various free hand embroidery stitches
- How to frame your finished cross stitch project
- In case you like to decorate your own photo: Please e-mail us the picture that you’d like to embroider prior to the session
- Embroidery materials used during the workshop are included in this price.
- If you’d like to make another project at home, you’re welcome to buy extra supplies in the studio.
- You’ll get free coffee, tea, and water
- And we’ll have a few yummy snacks from the pâtisserie
- Lunch is not included, but if needed, we can give great tips for lunch places nearby
Date & Time: Saturday 16 December 2023 10:00 – 12:30
Studio Koekoek, Weesperstraat 100 in Amsterdam.
This is close to the “Magere Brug” and the “Holocaust Name Monument” in the centre of Amsterdam. Metro station Weesperplein or Waterlooplein.
The session is suitable for beginners, but it’s also fun for experienced stitchers that like to try a new material or stitch.
We’ll host the workshop in both Dutch and English
About Studio Koekoek’s workshop
We love to welcome you in our studio in Amsterdam. We’re working every day with textiles and like to share our enthusiasm with you. You’ll learn in small groups, so you’ll get lots of help with questions.
Workshop cancellation policy
In the unfortunate event that you cannot join your booked event, you are welcome to resell or give your ticket to somebody else who is able to attend. If you wish to cancel your ticket, we adhere to the following policy:
- Cancellations made more than 1 month before the event receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made between 14 and 31 days before the event receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days before the event are not refunded.
- No-shows are not refunded.