This special European yarn will add a beautiful depth to your weaving project. The production of this yarn took place under GOTS certification. It’s made from 70% wool and 30% cotton mix.
You can also knit or crochet carpets with this yarn. The high amounts of wool in the fiber ensures the carpet is anti-static and mostly self-cleansing. A very durable and natural product.
Details of the bulky carpet wool
- Crochet needle size 15
- 70% virgin wool, 30% cotton
- Color: nature rust 010
- For a round carpet of approx 1 meter in diameter, you’ll need approx 2 kg’s.
- Made in Germany
- Fair prices are paid to shepherds
A few tips for crocheting with this bulky yarn
- When you crochet round objects (rugs, baskets), we recommend to use a magic loop for the center stitch.
- You can use simple standard patterns for circle objects.
- When starting a new skein, push back the yarn from the carrier thread for some centimeters, make a small knot to connect the new sisal/cotton thread at the beginning with the old thread and then push the wool back in place to cover the knot. This is how you keep these transitions invisible.
- Only insert the hook into the back loop of the previous-row-stitch. This keeps the fabric less bulky and creates a more even pattern.
How to take care of your product made with this yarn:
Pure wool has anti-static properties and due to the squamous structure of the surface, sheep wool is self-cleansing. The dust gets wiped out of the fiber through the movement of the fibers. The fact that the wool contains a certain portion of humidity, it avoids the electrostatic charging of the rug. For heavier spots you can use regular soft soap. The rugs can also be washed in the washing machine with cold water (wool cycle). During the washing process, the rug creates some fuzz which can easily be removed. The rug gets felted slightly, which makes it look even nicer and warmer.