In this 2,5 hour workshop you will learn the first basics of weaving. To practice different techniques we’ll weave a bracelet. You can pick your own colours!
What you’ll learn in this workshop
- How to warp your weaving loom
- How to make your first row.
- How to prevent common beginner mistakes when weaving
- How to make a basic weaving stitch
- How to make a weavers knot
- How to take the bracelet from the loom and finish it.
- All materials used during the workshop are included. You can pick your own colours thread.
- If you want to continue creating at home you’re welcome to buy the loom and extra materials in our studio.
- You’ll get free coffee, tea, lemonade and water
- And we’ll have a few yummy snacks from the pâtisserie
- Lunch is not included, but if needed, we can give great tips for lunch places nearby
Date & Time: Tuesday 26 March 2024 15:15 – 17:45
Studio Koekoek, Weesperstraat 100 in Amsterdam.
This is close to the “Magere Brug” and the “Holocaust Name Monument” in the centre of Amsterdam. Metro station Weesperplein or Waterlooplein.
The session is suitable for beginners.
We’ll host the workshop in both Dutch and English
About Studio Koekoek’s workshop
We love to welcome you in our studio in Amsterdam. We’re working every day with textiles and like to share our enthusiasm with you. You’ll learn in small groups, so you’ll get lots of help with questions.
Workshop cancellation policy
In the unfortunate event that you cannot join your booked event, you are welcome to resell or give your ticket to somebody else who is able to attend. If you wish to cancel your ticket, we adhere to the following policy:
- Cancellations made more than 1 month before the event receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made between 14 and 31 days before the event receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days before the event are not refunded.
- No-shows are not refunded.