In this 2.5-hour workshop we’ll have lots of fun pimping your clothes with free hand embroidery stitches. Whether you like to embroider a flower, letters, or other shapes, we have you covered. The session is suitable for beginners but also fun for experienced stitchers who like to practice with Solufix.
What you’ll learn in this workshop
- Recommended materials to stitch on different fabrics. You’ll get to know what works best for which fabric.
- How to transfer a pattern to your fabric with Solufix. You can pick one of our sample designs or draw your own pattern.
- How to start stitching without knots
- How to embroider your design
- Bring your own garment! Bring your own hat, bag, cap, blouse, or t-shirt that you like to embroider. You can even bring a pair of fabric shoes if you like. We recommend that you bring an item made with tightly woven or knitted fabric. Prefer to test first? We’ll have some testing fabric available during the workshop.
- Embroidery materials used during the workshop are included in this price. If you’d like to continue practicing at home, you’re welcome to buy extra supplies in the studio.
- You’ll get free coffee, tea, and water
- And we’ll have a few yummy snacks from the pâtisserie
- Lunch is not included, but if needed, we can give great tips for lunch places nearby
Date & Time: Wednesday 1 November 2023 18:30 – 21:00
Studio Koekoek, Weesperstraat 100 in Amsterdam.
This is close to the “Magere Brug” and the “Holocaust Name Monument” in the centre of Amsterdam. Metro station Weesperplein or Waterlooplein.
The session is suitable for beginners, but also fun for experienced stitchers who like to practice on a different type of fabric.
We’ll host the workshop in both Dutch and English
About Studio Koekoek’s workshop
We love to welcome you in our studio in Amsterdam. We’re working every day with textiles and like to share our enthusiasm with you. You’ll learn in small groups, so you’ll get lots of help with questions.
Workshop cancellation policy
In the unfortunate event that you cannot join your booked event, you are welcome to resell or give your ticket to somebody else who is able to attend. If you wish to cancel your ticket, we adhere to the following policy:
- Cancellations made more than 1 month before the event receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made between 14 and 31 days before the event receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days before the event are not refunded.
- No-shows are not refunded.