This White jute fabric is a great foundation for your punch needle project when using the Wooden Adjustable Punch Needle. This is an ecologically dyed White fabric with approximatly 280 gram per M2. This Jute is slightly finer then the Raw Jute, but also very suitable for the wooden adjustable punch needle. Of course you can also use this jute for endless other purposes like wedding decorations, bags, curtains, table cloth etc.
Jute is a very eco friendly product. Jute fabrics are biodegradable and fit in sustainable home. Please note that jute is a natural fiber, and some shedding is normal.
- Material: 100% Jute
- Made in: Spain
- Color: White (ecologically dyed)
- Use with: Wooden Adjustable Punch Needle
- Size: 95 x 145 cm
The ecological benefits of White Jute Fabric
- Jute grows quickly and abundantly with a high absorption of CO2. Therefor the CO2 footprint is very low: this means that the jute plant purifies the air by absorbing large amounts of CO2, so it greatly reduces the greenhouse effect. One hectare of jute plants consume about 15 tons of CO2 from the atmosphere and yields about 11 tons of oxygen during the 100 day growing season! Studies show that the degree of CO2 uptake by jute plants is many times higher than by trees. (Inagaki, 2000)
- The environmental impact of jute fibers is relatively low compared to other textiles. The production of yarn, including the production of the plants (not colored), costs 321 mPt / kg. For comparison: undyed cotton fiber costs 806 mPt / kg.
- Jute is an annually recurring natural energy source with a high biomass production.
- The Water footprint of jute is low. In the monsoon, jute is sown to allow the huge amount of rainwater to be absorbed by the jute plant.
- The ecological footprint is low: the roots of the jute plant play a vital role in the fertility of the soil in the form of micronutrients and help prevent soil erosion.
as “between harvest” provides a natural barrier against plague and other pathogens of rice and potato harvests. It is therefore not necessary to use pesticides!