Black Sinterklaas embroidery pattern. This is an easy embroidery pattern to make Sinterklaas and Piet. Sinterklaas visits the Netherlands and Belgium on the 5th of December to give presents to kids that have been sweet. Piet is his helper and is always generous with “pepernoten’.
Far in advance of the current debates on black Piet in the Netherlands, my brother won a drawing contest 30 years ago. He drew a black Sint and a white Piet instead of the traditional black Piet. Inspired by him, we’ve created this pattern for a black Piet and White Sint.
This patterns includes:
- A full color pattern with legend for the most used brands (DMC, Anchor and J&P coats)
- A gray pattern highlighting the different symbols and lines
- A file that includes our best embroidery tips in English, Dutch and Spanish.
Size Black Sinterklaas embroidery pattern
- Illustration size: 29 x 33 stitches
- Fabric: use 6 x 6 inch Aida 14 (15 x 15 cm).
- It will fit nicely in a 4 inch embroidery hoop
- If you want to frame your piece in a different way, we suggest to add a margin of 4 inches.
This pattern is suitable for a beginner but does expect some basic knowledge of cross stitch and back stitch line. We have included our best tips on embroidery.
We love to share our love for handmade work, but please be aware that this pattern is for personal use only. Please read our shop policies for more details. You can contact us to request information on wholesale or commercial use of our patterns.