WE WILL RETIRE THIS KIT ON THE 30TH OF JUNE 2020.
This is a cross stitch kit of Sinterklaas and Piet. You can choose to make a black sinterklaas and white Piet (as per the first picture) or a Black Sinterklaas and white Piet (as per the second photo).
Sinterklaas visits the Netherlands on the 5th of December to give presents to kids that have been sweet. Piet is his helper and is always generous with “pepernoten’.
Far in advance of the current debates on black Piet in the Netherlands, my brother won a drawing contest 30 years ago, when he drew a black Sint and a white Piet. Inspired by him, we’re also including a pattern for a black Piet and White Sint, so you can choose yourself which version you would like to make.
The kit includes:
- A print of the pattern
- 1 embroidery needle
- The required DMC embroidery floss on a floss sorter
- High quality Aida Fabric
- A 4 inch embroidery hoop
- A page with Koekoek’s best embroidery tips in English, Dutch or Spanish.
Size Cross Stitch Kit Sinterklaas
• Fabric: we will send you 6 x 6 inch (15 x 15 cm) Aida fabric
• It will fit in the 4 inch embroidery hoop that we will send with the package
• If you want to frame your piece in a different way, please send us a message before you purchase the item.
This pattern is easy and suitable for a beginner but does expect some basic knowledge of the stitches used. We have included our best tips on embroidery.
• Back stitch line
• Cross stitch
We love to share our love for handmade work, but please be aware that this pattern is for personal use only. Please read our shop policies for more details. You can contact us to request information on wholesale or commercial use of our patterns.